After we have written about how you can get the contact data of potential clients in our last blog post, we are turning towards the final step of the lead conversion process: thank you-pages. What is their purpose and what are they supposed to look like?
The term lead conversion describes the individual steps it takes to turn a website visitor into a lead.
- Step 1: Advertise your offer and use an eye-catching call to action button to forward visitors to a landing page
- Step 2: Ask the users to fill out a contact form in order to get to your offer. This is how you convert users into leads.
- Step 3: When the users have filled out the form, they are forwarded to a thank you-page. On this page, they can access or download your content and discover additional information.
On a thank you-page, people can download the interesting content you have created. Moreover, the page also includes a small text of appreciation. When designing the thank you-page, you should also pay attention to the following:
- Link to other blog posts or present other products and services you company has to offer.
- Use eye-catching call to action buttons if you have further offers. This supports the lead nurturing process if the user takes up the offer and completes another form.
- Use social sharing buttons and give users the chance to share your offer on Facebook, Twitter and other networks.
As you can see, a thank you-page enables you to continue the communication with leads on another level. Not only do you make additional offers, you can also supplement existing contacts with more information.